For older homes
This form of spray foam insulation can be utilized to re-insulate older homes that contain little to no insulation. Its application can be directed into existing wood frame walls, masonry walls and behind brick, eliminating the need to remove an existing interior or exterior wall. The presence of the old, ineffective insulation is not an issue and this method is best suited for walls, roofs, basements, or any other area where regular spray foam cannot be applied. The material remains soft enough to allow for potential wiring and plumbing replacements, so it’s an excellent product to use around pipes and electrical mechanisms.
The foam can be injected into wall cavities from either the exterior or interior of the home. This process will solve the problem of drafty walls as the foam completely fills and seals all the gaps and spaces and eliminates hot/cold spots.It effectively lowers the escape of heated or cooled air to the outside, thereby reducing your energy cost.
Other benefits include:
- Non-toxicity and environmentally safe
- Ability to keep pipes from freezing
- Serves as an excellent soundproofing material
- Eliminates pests and termites living in the wall
- Material doesn’t settle or deteriorate
- Allows for wiring and plumbing changes and repairs