Affordable and high performing
The nature of open-cell spray foam cells is that they are not completely closed and air fills all the vacant spaces inside the material. At an“R-Value”, (R= resistance to heat flow), of 3.7per inch, open- cell spray foam is a little more than half that of closed-cell foams; however, it is still excellent in its ability to reduce the flow of air and provide extensive thermal insulation and air barrier properties. Its airtight insulation layer perfectly seals the smallest of cracks and openings and reaches into all corners and cavities. Performance-wise, it outdoes other traditional forms of insulation, such as cellulose, foam boards and fiberglass.
Because of its lower density, open-cell spray foam is more economical than the closed-cell product, and in terms of sound resistance, offers almost twice the barrier to normal frequency ranges. While open-cell spray foam should not be used for exterior application, it is recommended for walls, ceilings, ducts, floors, crawl spaces, vented and unvented attics.
Open-cell spray foam is very effective in
- Reducing energy loss
- Improving indoor air quality
- Controlling vapor permeability
- Eliminating air-borne moisture movement and mold susceptibility
- Reducing the penetration of outdoor allergens and pollutants
- Insulating and air sealing in a single application
- Saving energy costs up to 50% as compared to conventional insulation products
- Adding to the resale value
- Measurably reducing airborne sounds thereby lessening the noise level
- Reducing the unit size requirement of an HVAC system
SmartSeal provides open cell spray foam insulation services in the greater New York area. Contact SmartSeal and we will make sure that you receive the best insulation for your specific building type and climate.